Hello Rasmus,

On 20-May-01 19:08:16, you wrote:

>> >Nope, but you can use the ticks feature to do some of this.
>>
>> Not very good.  With ticks you never can run two PHP commands at the same
>> time, like for instance executing two or more SQL queries at the same time.
>> That is a shame for PHP because for instance in Java that is a breeze.
>>
>> Anyway, I was asking Zeev, will PHP ever have multi-threading capabilities?

>No, you asked the mailing list.  Zeev's email address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I believe the answer is of the interest of the mailing list.  After all the
thread was not started by me.

>And no, PHP is unlikely to have multi-threading anytime soon.

How can you be so sure?

Weren't you the one that was saying that you opposed to the existence of a
PHP compiler?  Despite your opposition, Zeev and Andi brought it up to the
joy of many PHP users.

Since Zeev and Andi seem to be currently the most capable developers to bring
multi-threading capability to PHP because they developed PHP current engine
- Zend, my question still goes for them.  After all they always seemed more
reasonable and opened to my suggestions than you.

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Web Programming Components using PHP Classes.
Look at: http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP key: http://www.mlemos.e-na.net/ManuelLemos.pgp