you're still issuing an HTTP request to get it, or executing perl on
the command line...

if it's a true non-profit 503(c)(3), you could offer someone the
chance to write off their services... non-profits may not have a lot
of money to spare but they do typically have money to fund things in
the organization's interests... hopefully.