hi all,

I'm trying to do an array sort that takes:

    $test = array(
        array( // this is $test[0].
            string => "this is the second",
            num => 2
        ),
        array( // this is $test[1].
            string=> "this is the first",
            num => 1
        ),
    );

and sorts that array based on $test[$x][num], so I get:

    $test = array(
        array( // this was $test[1], now $test[0].
            string=> "this is the first",
            num => 1
        ),
        array( // this was $test[0], now $test[1].
            string=> "this is the second",
            num => 2
        ),

    );

Note that the key/value pairs _must_not_ change, so I can't just copy this
stuff around to get what I want. (because I'm actually doing this for load
order of class instances)

so, I'm trying to sort the order of the top level arrays in a structure,
based on a key.

I played with array_moltisort, but could not get what I wanted out of it.
I have this nagging feeling like I _could_ get what I want out of it, thus
the post :)

oh yes, please cc me @ [EMAIL PROTECTED]

tia, all.

_alex