On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Ray Hauge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Yeah, it is a gmail thing.  They archive the message you send, so if you
>  were using the gmail client, you'd see your response.  The FAQs say that
>  it'll send your message through IMAP/POP if someone replies to your
>  message, but gmail doesn't do nested threads, so I think it doesn't know
>  all the time when you were replied to.

    You're 100% correct, Ray.

    I use Gmail's web interface (to which I believe Ray is referring
as "the gmail client"), and when I send a message to a list, single
person, or anything, the message will show up in my sent box, but not
my inbox.  This is completely expected behavior for any client.
However, as soon as I receive a response, my initiating message will
display as the first message in the thread, as well as in the sent
box.

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek
<? while(1) { $me = $mind--; sleep(86400); } ?>