On 3/13/08, Ray Hauge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is my last post on this thread.

I doubt that, but feel free to prove me wrong.

>  The point of this reply is I didn't say anything about how long you've
>  been around here.  The fact is you're still here, and we're talking PHP.

You said "You come to a PHP mailing list to proclaim that RoR is
better?"  Since Ruby on Rails is younger than PHP, your statement
implies a recent arrival to the list.

>  I will give you that you weren't the first to submit an opinion of Ruby
>  being the best or the worst.  Your first reply was simply open minded,
>  but then you got your feathers all ruffled when someone said they didn't
>  like Ruby, albeit in a somewhat negative connotation.

My feathers are in no way ruffled.  You think a little arguing with
Rob or you about Rails is some big deal to me?  Clearly you are the
one who just showed up.  Heated technology discussions occur on lists
all the time, this one certainly isn't immune to that sort of
off-topic digression.

>   >> It's people like you that turn a lot of people off to Ruby.

I seriously doubt my mere words would sway anyone away from a specific
technology.  You're still using PHP, correct?  Rob?

> The reason it turns people off is you have to work with the community as

Please, enough with the turned-on, turned-off stuff, it's really not
what I had in mind at all.

>  well as the language.  If you want the project to get better, you need

The Rails project _already_ rocks, whatever do you mean?

Truth is I would actually like for core Rails development to slow down
a bit so my latest Rails book I just bought isn't out of date in 6-8
months.

>  to be able to work with the community.

So if I can't work with the community Rails effectively, Rails will
not get better?  I seriously can't follow your ramblings.

> I will admit that the PHP
>  Internals list can get pretty heated as well, but those arguments are
>  usually based on technical opinions and not religious fervor for the
>  language*.

Point?

--
Greg Donald