Hey everyone! I'm very new to PHP, and had a somewhat general question (forgive me if it's too broad in scope.) Basically, I'd like to be able to have a single PHP application that remembers its state as users click on links. When the user clicks on a link, though, the user unavoidably re-requests the URL from the web server, which forces the PHP application to reload. I'm therefore uncertain as to how I should keep the program in a state in which it remembers things like login information when the users have to click on links in order to navigate the application.

This is especially an issue for me when it comes to maintaining things like persistent connections to SQL servers.

Thanks!

James