I won't quote, because this is not directly related to either mail.

I had a completely bizarre issue with MSIE not accepting cookies that
had highbit ascii values in them as their first character. Simply
fixed (in the end): add text to the front and strip it out in the
sitewide pre-execution script.

As for cookie problems I really don't have them. For consistency we
send all our cookies through one function, called sendCookie:

<?
   Function sendCookie($cookiename, $cookievalue)
   {
     // Sends the user a cookie. Use this function to send cookies
     // so we can make sure they're all sent with the same parameters.

     setcookie($cookiename, $cookievalue, 0, "/");
   }
?>

This creates a no-timeout cookie that gets sent to all pages of the
site. Never had an issue with it. If I have, noone's complained about
it anyway. :)

Jason

--
Jason Murray