> A scheduled task is messy. IIWY I'd use FTP to pull the file over, but
> that's still pretty messy.
>
> If this is an Intranet then the risks involved in giving that user access
> to the network is minimal and probably would be the best solution.
> Alternatively you could set up an HTTP server on the document server and
> proxy the documents through the IIS server (readfile should be happy to take
> an HTTP URL unless you've disabled it in php.ini, and the end user will
> never see the actual URL).

I agree, it is really messy to work with and prone to lots of complications.

This application will be used within our network, but will also be used by a
sister agency that is not in our network. Which is why we do not want the
document server complete path floating inbetween us and them where it could
be intercepted by an outside user.

Reading the documents through as a URL would be so nice and probably the
easiest method to accomplish this, but the "God's Above" want it to remain
strictly a file server.

I guess I will start looking into FTP'ing them between servers as that may
be the simplest solution at this point.