David Otton schreef:
2008/8/29 Jochem Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

in what sense won't it work? the complete line is in the output of ps
somewhere
albeit after wildcard/shell expansion.

With the pipe? I'd really like to see an example, beacuse I couldn't
coax it out of ps, and it might be handy someday.

ah okay, wasn't sure about the pipe, figured it might not show up in ps.

if life were that simple. it's user X running the php script from the
commandline ... I wanna know exactly what he is doing (which is not
necessarily the same as what he should be doing). I only really control
the php script in question not the context it is run in.

You should have said... you are the admin of the machine, right? Patch
bash to log user input. Google variations on bash, patch and syslog.

I'll take a gander, although I doubt I'll get permission to actually patch
something like that ... client is pretty adament about having a std box.

anyway, Im much the wiser, thanks for the info everyone.