Micah Gersten schreef:
You can rename the php executable and replace it with a shell script
that logs what is run.

true, but that still wouldn't get me the pipe, besides which one day
someone will figure out that it's not the actual executable and either:

1. recompile and install php (shell script overwritten)
2. start using the actual binary instead

in both cases they'd probably think they're doing something smart :-)
which is why it would be nice to do it from with in my own script without
tweaking/hacking anything on the system. it's then self contained and
because I deliver the script I control it's functionality

of course the script could be edited, but if a 3rd party or the client
does *that* then I'm no longer responsible ... currently I'm not responsible
for the system/server itself (although I have full access) and I'd like to keep
it that way ... sysadmin is a special kind of beast, I'm of another genus :)

Thank you,
Micah Gersten
onShore Networks
Internal Developer
http://www.onshore.com

Jochem Maas wrote:
David Otton schreef:
Quote the entire command as a string. Pass it to a shell script that
sets an environment variable to that string, then executes the string.
if life were that simple. it's user X running the php script from the
commandline ... I wanna know exactly what he is doing (which is not
necessarily the same as what he should be doing). I only really control
the php script in question not the context it is run in.