Hello to all my fellow members of the PHP community.

As a personal rule i always use $this in front of class members, but i
always knew from others programing languages and i guess I just
thought it was same in PHP that without $this keyword it should work
just the same, however in the code bellow it is clear that $value is
not the same as $this->value. This test was done in PHP5.

Anyone care to elucidate if this is correct?

Tks,
Ângelo

class test
{
    private $value;

    public function    __construct()
    {
        $this->value = "test";
        echo "Not using this:" . $value  . "<br>";
        echo "Using this:" . $this->value . "<br>";
new test();

?>
output:
Not using this: =