On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:55 AM, uaca man <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello to all my fellow members of the PHP community.
>
> As a personal rule i always use $this in front of class members, but i
> always knew from others programing languages and i guess I just
> thought it was same in PHP that without $this keyword it should work
> just the same, however in the code bellow it is clear that $value is
> not the same as $this->value. This test was done in PHP5.
>
> Anyone care to elucidate if this is correct?

afaik, php requires instance variables to be qualified w/ $this->, no matter
what.  in other languages, you can omit the this (self or w/e) keyword,
unless you want to settle a collision between a local variable and instance
variable w/ the same identifier.  unfotunately it doesnt work like that in
php, and although it requires more typing, i think it makes the code more
understandable at a glance.

-nathan