> I would recommend using the include method. Redirects should always
>> be second choice, because they are just evil.
>
> In this case I would disagree. On successful login it's normal to redirect
> to a useful page rather than just display a page that says "congratulations,
> you're a real user". In the case of an unsuccessful login why would you need
> to include another file? Surely the logic that follows is part of the login
> script.

Agreed. Flow could be described as this:

Not logged in --> Login page --> Logged in

Redirects make sense IMO. IIRC the Yahoo guidelines say not to
redirect after a form POST, but unless you have a ka-jillion page
views a second (or, "a lot"), then I don't think it's a concern.

--
Richard Heyes

HTML5 Graphing for FF, Chrome, Opera and Safari:
http://www.phpguru.org/RGraph