On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 16:51 -0400, Daniel Brown wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Ashley Sheridan
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> > Obviously, I'm only advocating this as a last ditch alternative for a
> > browser that can't get even the basics right yet ;)
>
>     What do you mean, "basics"?  When you're Microsoft, you don't
> invent software to match the standards, you invent standards to match
> the software.
>
> --
> </Daniel P. Brown>
> More full-root dedicated server packages:
> Intel 2.4GHz/60GB/512MB/2TB $49.99/mo.
> Intel 3.06GHz/80GB/1GB/2TB $59.99/mo.
> Intel 2.4GHz/320/GB/1GB/3TB $74.99/mo.
> Dedicated servers, VPS, and hosting from $2.50/mo.

I really meant standards when I said basics. IMHO, standards are the
baseline upon which browsers should build. That's how innovation gets
in. I'm not a fan of the M$ model, by which they define their own
standards. I think they are reconsidering their model though, as other
browsers eat more and more of their market share. I mean, IE8 is
actually a little bit closer to meeting the CSS2 requirements now,
surely we should applaud them that effort, or maybe send them a cake ;)

ps, for those that don't know, I'm referring to the cake M$ sent Firefox
congratulating them on shipping Fx3!

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk