On 14 Oct 2008, at 16:51, Chrome wrote:
For the record I have included a 256 char long whitespace string along with any prospective output but still no joy

Opera 9.60 reliably informs me it's received 258 bytes but displays nothing

I'll carry on with this for a little before blaming the browsers (testing also in FF3) and putting in a 'This is going to take bloody ages' note :)

My initial response was based on it being a CLI script in which case my advice would have been enough. However in your case there are other buffers in play which could affect the output.

How is your output formatted? Browsers won't necessarily display content until they get closing tags. This is probably the issue you're running into.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/