Windows or Linux? These are editors, not viewers, though.

If Windows - UltraEdit; there are predefined files whihc are used to
colourize PHP & HTML markup. You can add to then and extend them. Possible
HTMLKit as well.

If Linux - Bluefish, I guess, although you'll hear from VIM and Emacs
people as well.

I take it that simply renaming the file with a .phps extension and viewing
it through your browser isn't enough.

Cheers - Miles Thompson