Hi,

[...]
Yes, that's I mean, but this I've allready. The usage of
the output buffer is interesting, but it is still based on
highlight_string(). What I want is a function, in plain PHP,
which runs on the server, not on the client, act as a
pretty printer for php code, expandable for my own functions.
Has nobody ever written a better/customizable
highlight_file()-function?

Joerg