I'm open to something like that - we're in the middle of the holiday crunch and can't afford any downtime, so a significant change is out of the question. This is part of much larger and more involved scripting, so it would need to be a plug-n-play replacement and also be able to return information to the script calling it - bytes, success or failure. We're grabbing filenames and credentials out of MySQL, marking them "in progress", attempting the download, and then updating the MySQL record with the results.