Hello,

I had the same problem:

So I tried stripslashes..
But Queries do break if unslashed ' or " are present.
and furthermore, there are many other problems ..

So I created a function called "entities"..

Let's imagine a user
made an input of

name:         Simon "The Snake"
surname:    O'Connors

you can simply call the function like this:

entities($HTTP_POST_VARS);

and you'll have

echo $name;
//   will produce:    Simon "The Snake"
$surname =
//  will produce:    O'Connors

/*
=> $description = "book's description";
=>     $title = "book's title ";
=>     $arr = array("description"=>"$description","title"=>"$title");
=>     entities($arr);
returns variables, but with entities and other things changed-
ie:  $title            = "book's title";
     $description    = "book's description";
or just simply:
entities($HTTP_POST_VARS)   for variables passed from one page to another
*/

function entities($arr)
{
$arrct = count($arr);
for(reset($arr); $key = key($arr); next($arr))
{
global $$key;
$$key = htmlentities($arr[$key]);
$$key = stripslashes($$key);