David Price <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> They way I got around this was to create a session key using a MD5 hash of
> the session id and the user's IP address.

<SNIP>

> I know that the IP address can be spoofed, but I'm not sending the session
> id in the url, so no one knows what it is and without the session id the
> session key can not be spoofed.

IP spoofing is only a side issue - some users IP address changes from request
to request. WebTV is an example, and users behind proxies is another.

I guess I'm looking for the perfect solution here, which just doesn't appear
to be possible with HTTP. Maybe a better question is: "What is the ideal
model for a PHP4 sessions authentication scheme?"

Thanks anyway,
adam