Depends on what you want to do, first you have to define what are valid
sessions,
So think of things like this
- One Session can only come from one IP address
- A session ID that was created n minutes ago is no longer valid
- A user using Netscape x can't be using IExplorer y

After a user connects to you with a session ID you could check all those
things
yourself in your PHP script and respond appropriately. In this case, store
the
session in a Database with the remote IP address, expire the Session and
check
the referer. That should block a lot of script kiddies but of course slows
down the
site.

Also, it's not that hard to create cookies by hand so that won't stop people
who realy
want to enter your site :-( and remember sessions are not meant to be
secure,
that is why we have SSL :-)

Robert Klinkenberg