From: Brian White [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 03 July 2001 09:40
To: Ray Hilton; 'PHP Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [PHP] configuring with gd for TTF

Ok.  Well, given mine works, I thought I would tell you what I have!

My phpinfo says exactly the same:

GD Support enabled
GD Version 1.6.2 or higher
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with TTF library
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled

My configure options were:

./configure --with-gd=/usr/local/src/gd-1.8.4/
       --enable-gd-imgstrttf
       --with-ttf=/usr/local/freetype/
       --enable-calendar
       --disable-short-tags
       --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql/
       --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/src/jpeg-6b/
       --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs

gd-1.8.4 is actually compiled ( theoretically ) with freetype2.x
support,
though that
shouldn't be making any difference, I would have thought. Freetype is
1.3.

Also, whenever I configured and then compiled I always deleted
config.cache
and ran
"make clean" first.

Hope this helps.