Kman wrote:

>From: "infoz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>>If all the messages were identical, we might be able to get some
>>
>efficiency
>
>>by sorting the list by domain name and batching them up with SMTP
>>

>That's a very BAD idea. If you sort the mail by domain, you will flood
>the mail queue because normally, mail sent to hotmail or yahoo will need
>a repeated attempts before getting through. Better leave the email
>address randomized as they are.
>
>-Kittiwat

If it's such a a bad idea, sendmail should take it out of there system
then.  This is how they have
achieved speedups in later versions - when processing a queue, it sorts
by domain first, so that it
 can open a connection and send repeated emails, rather than open a
separate connection for each
mail to that domain.

Michael Kimsal
PHP Training Courses