On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 14:36 -0600, Terion Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Ashley Sheridan
> <a...@ashleysheridan.co.uk>wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 14:09 -0600, Terion Miller wrote:
> > > I'm trying to use the AdminID that returns from query #1 in the WHERE
> > > AdminID = AdminID from Query 1
> > >
> > >     $sql= "SELECT WorkOrderID, CreatedDate, Location, WorkOrderName,
> > > AdminID, FormName, Status, Notes, pod FROM `workorders` WHERE AdminID =
> > > '".$row['AdminID']."' ";
> > >
> > > that isn't working and the query 1 does return in this case 3 AdminID's
> > so
> > > I'm thinking it's just the .$row['AdminID'] part that is wrong
> > > and I have tried some different things but am not sure the correct term
> > for
> > > what I'm trying to do so I can' t seem to google answers....
> > >
> > > Here is my query #1
> > >
> > >   $query =  "SELECT `UserName`, `AdminID` FROM admin
> > >       WHERE   Retail1 =  'YES' ";
> > >
> > >     $result = mysql_query ($query) ;
> > >     //$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
> > >     while ($row = mysql_fetch_row($result)){
> > >     for ($i=0; $i<mysql_num_fields($result); $i++)
> > >         echo $row[$i] . " ";
> > >
> > >         }
> > > Above returns 3 AdminID ... I also tried using the While statement in my
> > > second query to return the sets but nothing... yet the code isn't
> > breaking,
> > > just returning 0
> > >

> > $query =  "SELECT `UserName`, `AdminID` FROM admin WHERE   Retail1 =
> > 'YES' ";
> >
> > When you run this in phpMyAdmin, what is returned?
> >
> > Ash
> > www.ashleysheridan.co.uk
> >
> > When I run the second query the one where the WHERE syntax is wrong if I
> put it like this I still get one record:
>
> SQL query: SELECT WorkOrderID, CreatedDate, Location, WorkOrderName, AdminID
> , FormName,
> STATUS , Notes, pod
> FROM `workorders`
> WHERE AdminID = '20'
> AND '61'
> AND '24'
> LIMIT 0 , 30 this part keeps getting put in by phpMyAdmin
>
> the first query works and returns the records it should... which are 3
> usernames and 3 adminID
What about joining the queries?

SELECT admin.UserName, admin.AdminID, workorders.WorkOrderID,
workorders.CreateDate, workorders.Location, workorders.WorkOrderName,
workorders.FormName, workorders.STATUS, workorders.Notes, workorders.pod
FROM admin LEFT JOIN workorders ON (admin.AdminID = workorders.AdminID)
WHERE admin.Retail1 = 'yes'

I know it looks like a mess, but it should do the trick

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk