On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Nathan Nobbe<quickshif...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 5:56 PM, James McLean <james.mcl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> did you take a look at the size of the cache you created ?

Yes. Tried multiple segments and single, with cache size values
between 128mb and 256mb. Also tried with stat on and off.

> also, arent you planning to cache php opcodes, so if you load up the page,
> index.html, i
> would expect to see a bunch of php files mentioned in the apc cache..

Well, index.html wouldn't be cached because it's not parsed by the PHP
engine. But yes, if it were index.php for example each compiled PHP
file is then cached in the opcode cache - include files and
everything. This is how it works on every other APC installation i've
tried :)

This installation is not doing that, even though this is the default behaviour.

> if apc has support for output caching, ive not yet used it so im not sure how
> much i could help there (sort of sounds like youre shooting for output
> caching the way you describe things above).

No, i'm not looking for output caching. Apologies if my original email
was poorly worded.

> maybe you  could dump out your ini settings for apc and share them here?

No need. they're all default as reccomended by PHP and APC.

Thanks,

James