From: "Maxim Maletsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 1:05 AM
Subject: RE: [PHP] stripping white space?

> I think it IS a good practice
> if you only practicing HTML to be outputted by PHP.

Why, if you know that it's illegal XHTML and XML, would you ever conclude
that it's _good_ practice to break the rules? Saving 20 or 30 bytes/page? If
you really want some space saving on many browsers and you're running Apache
why not just install the zlib package? Effective throughtput on my (over
100,000) pages on my site jumped 8-fold for those people able to receive and
decode zlib-compressed pages, and I didn't have to change anything ...

Mark C.