From: Christian Reiniger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 9:52 AM
To: Maxim Maletsky; 'Bart Veldhuizen'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] stripping white space?

On Tuesday 10 July 2001 11:26, Maxim Maletsky wrote:

> But you're right, on UNIX systems, if I am not wrong, you cannot hold
> more then 1024 (?) files in a single directory.

AFAIK there's no limit (and certainly not 1024 files), but with most
filesystems accesses on large directories are painfully slow. FSs such as
ReiserFS however don't slow down noticeably on large directories...

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://lgdc.sunsite.dk/)

I sat laughing snidely into my notebook until they showed me a PC running
Linux. And oh! It was as though the heavens opened and God handed down a
client-side OS so beautiful, so graceful, and so elegant that a million
Microsoft developers couldn't have invented it even if they had a hundred
years and a thousand crates of Jolt cola.

- LAN Times