I've not had much experience with CMS's, however Drupal seems pretty
featured, with the steep-learning curve; it's not very user friendly.

I'm working on my own CMS which is more generic, so that it can be used with
any kind of website (basically). I suggest you do the same; have a page
class with methods that allow you to create new pages. I have not yet
fleshed out this class, but I eventually plan to get it so that when I
"create a new page", my class will generate a PHP file with a unique page ID
number. Then it will log the link to this page into a links table and save
content I enter in different areas, eg. Scripts (here I write any PHP I will
need) and content (the body of the document, which can also make use of
PHP).

The Scripts and Body are saved to include files with the same name as the
ID, and the page loads the items associated with that ID. For example:

<head>
<?php
$pageid = unique_id_here;
....query database....

include ('../includes/script_' . $pageid);
?>
</head>
<?php
include ('content/' . $pageid . '.inc.php');
?>

Does this make sense?

Anyone else have any questions/comments/critiques?