On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 10:00 +0200, Rene Veerman wrote:

> jeez dude, you're assuming that all software problems are best solved
> by a sql solution.
> imo, they're NOT. example? any realtime system with real work to do.
>
> please stop pretending you know the proper design of all software that
> is made or yet has to be made.
> both a ya.
>
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:
> > Rene Veerman wrote:
> >>
> >> and btw, complexity of design can go up considerably when you have to
> >> deal with more than 1 php and 1 mysql server, because the language
> >> forces inefficient constructs _and_ is "stuck on 1 server"....
> >
> > Switch to a real database?
> > MySQL still needs to grow up as well :)
> >
> > --
> > Lester Caine - G8HFL

But aren't you doing exactly that by saying that PHP needs threading and
that threading is the only way to achieve certain goals. I've watched
this thread go on quite a bit, and haven't seen a really good argument
that proves PHP needs threading when it can't be solved without it. PHP
is PHP. If it behaved exactly the same as all the other languages, what
would make it distinct against those others. One of it's main strenghts
is its simplicity I feel. If you added threading to the bag of tricks it
already has, you're getting into areas that make it more difficult to
pick up for beginners (and that's not to mention the technical elements
involved in actually adding threading to PHP) Currently the only other
'easy' language I know for beginners is ColdFusion, and that's just
horrible. You wouldn't want to be responsible for sending the newbies
down that path would you?! :p

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk