On 24 March 2010 11:53, Tommy Pham <tommy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Per Jessen <p...@computer.org> wrote:
>> Tommy Pham wrote:

>>> Funny you should mention all that.  Let's say that you're longer with
>>> that company, either by direct employment or contract consultant.
>>> You've implemented C because you need 'thread'.  Now your replacement
>>> comes in and has no clue about C even though your replacement is a PHP
>>> guru.  How much headache is maintenance gonna be?  Scalability?
>>> Portability? wow....
>>
>> Who was the idi... who hired someone who wasn't suited for the job?
>> Tommy, that's a moot argument.  You can't fit a square peg in a round
>> hole.
>>

>> --
>> Per Jessen, Zürich (12.5°C)
>>

> Suited for the job?  You mean introduce more complexity to a problem
> that what could be avoided to begin with if PHP has thread support?
> hmmm....

Except, you already introduced complexity into the problem. You see,
working with threads is another requirement, whether it be done in PHP
or not. Hence, hiring the right guy is independent of whether you have
threads in PHP or not - your problem is no less nor no more complex
whether you do threading inside or outside PHP. You just assume that
adding thread support to PHP will solve the problem, but there's no
actual basis to believe this.

<hype>
WWW: http://plphp.dk / http://plind.dk
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/plind