At 6:45 PM -0600 7/29/10, Tristan wrote:

Yeah like i said site works 95% of the time when navigating. PHP5.2, Mysql
5. The site is completely dynamic so it wouldn't work at all if that was the
case of it not being installed right.

so the other 5% of the time is blank pages and download index.php files. In
Firefox when you get a blank page, if you click view source it will show all
the code that should be there but, I can't tell if it's requesting the page
again when you do that. It never fails 2 times in a row. A refresh will
always fix it. When you look in firebug there is no html so it leads me to
believe FF may be doing just that...going for a second request instead of
viewing currently opened source? In IE8 I would get something like

diagnose problem button

more information drop down with

this problem can be caused by a variety of issues..this is a completely
typical M$ error with no valid help

chrome same thing with

web page cannot be displayed

more information etc...

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 6:36 PM, David McGlone <da...@dmcentral.net> wrote:

 On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 18:11 -0600, Tristan wrote:
 > I have the strangest issue with my host. They can't figure it out and I'm
 > completely perplexed. We have other sites running on the server just
 fine.
 > However, this new site is acting very weird. Sometimes we get blank
 pages,
 > sometimes we get a blank page and then a dialog pops up asking if we want
 > download index.php, and then sometimes the site is working fine. Any
 ideas
 > on this?
 >
 > I'm at ends. Appreciate any advice. For authentication we are using mysql
 > auth module in apache/linux and proxy pass. We removed proxy pass to see
 if
 > that was it but, it wasn't. its a members.domain.com subdomain if that
 > helps.

 Do you have php-mysql installed?

 --
 Blessings,