>         $len = strlen($date);
>         $year = substr("$date", $len-2, $len);
>         return $month;
>         return $year;
> }
> expDate("11/2002");
> print "$month $year";
> ?>
>
> I know this isn't the correct usage of return, but how to I get the $month
> and $year variables so I can print them after I've called the expDate()
> function?  Currently, nothing is printed to the browser.

return array($month, $year);

 -- or --

function expDate($date,&$month,&$year) {

expDate("11/2002",$month,$year);
print ...

 -- or --

list($month, $year)=explode("/", "11/2002");

Regards,
--
Don Read                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- It's always darkest before the dawn. So if you are going to