On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 12:22 AM, David Hutto <smokefl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This isn't a C/PHP question, or optimization, it's a matter of PHP
> isn't always the center of attention, in terms of a development
> process. In each language there are advocates, and it's admirable, but
> ignorant in sight that what you're saying eliminates the rational, and
> logical thought that there are other languages that can be utilized as
> the center of development, and have higher level optimization in mind.
>
> If you use C, then as optimization, and software evolution occurs, you
> can move toward elimination the higher level prototyping languages,
> and move it toward the C (lower level)implementation. You start with
> just the spit out portion of C, and use the higher levels to
> prototype...then remove the higher level as you eliminate the
> inefficient portions, and replace with lower level, C,
> implementations of these higher level/platform dependent prototyped
> functions.

Isn't this true for every other languages such Python, Perl, and Java?
 They were written in C at the core.  If the language in use can't
provide the functionality needed, then yes, I see the need for C.  If
using C just for optimization, then aren't selling yourself short for
longer development and maintenance time when too many languages
involved?