On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 4:31 AM, Tommy Pham <tommy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 12:22 AM, David Hutto <smokefl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This isn't a C/PHP question, or optimization, it's a matter of PHP
>> isn't always the center of attention, in terms of a development
>> process. In each language there are advocates, and it's admirable, but
>> ignorant in sight that what you're saying eliminates the rational, and
>> logical thought that there are other languages that can be utilized as
>> the center of development, and have higher level optimization in mind.
>>
>> If you use C, then as optimization, and software evolution occurs, you
>> can move toward elimination the higher level prototyping languages,
>> and move it toward the C (lower level)implementation. You start with
>> just the spit out portion of C, and use the higher levels to
>> prototype...then remove the higher level as you eliminate the
>> inefficient portions, and replace with lower level, C,
>> implementations of these higher level/platform dependent prototyped
>> functions.
>>

> Isn't this true for every other languages such Python, Perl, and Java?
>  They were written in C at the core.  If the language in use can't
> provide the functionality needed, then yes, I see the need for C.  If
> using C just for optimization, then aren't selling yourself short for
> longer development and maintenance time when too many languages
> involved?

Not C just for opto, but basic C for the later project utilization.
It's just a quick spit out of the other languages which are
interpolated to C string on the page.

A simple C string with everything else you want in the higher level
languages. But then you decide a few php results are slow, so you use
a C function. Then you decide a few python functions are slow when
returning a js mouseover, so you use a js or C function.

It's just a simple platform to use the higher level 'prototype' languages on.