On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Peter Lind <peter.e.l...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As is probably clear by now, in my opinion it would be much better to
> go the motions of the script a bit at a time, with comments of *why*
> things are done (not *what* is done) - and why you really should spend
> a bit more time learning about security . . .

Ah yes, books. Yes I love books too and think they're great. This isn't a
book to teach you how to be a professional PHP developer. This is a "how to
get X done" example, at least in my view. It's perfect for a professional
developer who needs to quickly get up to speed on how to do X in PHP,
someone who can copy-and-paste the code, read it, and understand how to take
it to the next level.

David