At 2:44 PM -0700 5/18/11, David Harkness wrote:
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Peter Lind <<mailto:peter.e.l...@gmail.com>peter.e.l...@gmail.com> wrote:

As is probably clear by now, in my opinion it would be much better to
go the motions of the script a bit at a time, with comments of *why*
things are done (not *what* is done) - and why you really should spend
a bit more time learning about security . . .

Ah yes, books. Yes I love books too and think they're great. This isn't a book to teach you how to be a professional PHP developer. This is a "how to get X done" example, at least in my view. It's perfect for a professional developer who needs to quickly get up to speed on how to do X in PHP, someone who can copy-and-paste the code, read it, and understand how to take it to the next level.

David

David:

That's certainly part of it.

I want to show web developers simple things they can use in their web sites. I think most of these people aren't stupid, but rather they are simply not informed about some very easy things that can help them tremendously.

Am I going to get some flack for this? Certainly, some people won't get it, but that's not my target audience.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------