On Nov 20, 2011, at 4:00 PM, Geoff Shang wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Nov 2011, Tedd Sperling wrote:
>
>> Now, where are my observations wrong? The code is shown in the demo.
>
> To summarise, your observations are wrong because they do not take timezone
> into account and do not show the time, only the date.  And some of your
> observations as given above do not match what your script outputs.
>
> Geoff.

Geof:

I appreciate your time and comments. However, you missed the point I was trying
to make, which does not have anything to do with timezones. If you copy my code
and place it on any server in the world, you'll observe the same results as I
did.

You touched on my point with:

> You'll also notice that the value of seconds computed from string is blank
> (i.e. not 0).  This is because strtotime() doesn't know what to do with a
> value of '0'.  Whether it should or not is probably a phillosophical debate.

But you did not contribute to which side of the debate would you side.

My prior opinion was that 0 should return 'Jan 1, 1970'. However, Stuart
pointed out a flaw in my code.  You see, I was assuming that using the return
from strtotime(0) in the getdate() function would return the correct date, but
this was a cascade error.

I have not investigated this further.

Cheers,

tedd