Am 09.08.12 23:16, schrieb Jim Lucas:
> On 08/09/2012 01:45 PM, Tedd Sperling wrote:
>> On Aug 8, 2012, at 5:41 PM, Jim Giner<jim.gi...@albanyhandball.com>
>> wrote:

>>> You must make it a habit to start each script with
>>>
>>> session_start();
You should definitely not make that a habbit!
Why create/open a session and send a cookie everytime script call even
if you won't need it? Why access a hard disk to create/open a session
file even if there is no use for it?

Only call session_start() if you need it and call session_write_close()
as early as possible to avoid write locks on the users session file.

And up from PHP 5.4 you can use

http://de2.php.net/manual/de/function.session-status.php

to check a session status.

--
Marco Behnke
Dipl. Informatiker (FH), SAE Audio Engineer Diploma

Tel.: 0174 / 9722336
e-Mail: ma...@behnke.biz

Softwaretechnik Behnke
Heinrich-Heine-Str. 7D