Hi,

Once again I didn't read it completely (maybe I will do so), but my 2ct:

I recently played with Ruby and Python and of course with their application
server (at least a little bit). My experience was, that it is less fun as
it sounds in the first place compared to a well designed
webserver-interpreter-stack (and of course common OS-specific stuff for
CLI). In my eyes it is good the way it is: Let PHP do it's job and let
"more intelligent tools" do the other things, like spawning
request-handling processes.

Not saying, that I'm against an application, but I currently don't miss it
:) On the other side someone must maintain it and someone must make sure,
that it is secure and efficient. This resources should not taken from the
core-team.

Regards,
Sebastian