On May 19, 2013, at 5:19 AM, mrfroasty <mrfroa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/16/2013 11:28 PM, Tedd Sperling wrote:
>> So, if you find a good reference, please let me know.
>
> In my point of view, Interfaces and Abstracts are completely different stuffs
> not related at all.Interface is a kind of a way of defining how all objects
> should behave or written by developers (one has used a word contract or
> agreement).
>
> For instance we are writting this huge application where hundreds of
> developers are going to work together.We make an agreement all objects in
> this application should provide a function for someone debug to see all the
> contents or data in that object and call this method $this->debug();
>
> In order to guarantee that developers will have to obey this agreement, the
> only way is to throw some bunch of exception when they do not.This can be
> defined in an interface.Where everyone implimenting this interface (creating
> objects) must have a function called debug().

I understand all of that -- but that's not the question I am asking.

Certainly, I can create an interface and if anyone wants to implement the
interface, then they are forced to flesh-out the methods it contains. I
understand that -- it's a contract.

But the other side of the argument is why would anyone want to do that other
than to meet a design criteria?

It is very easy to understand double inheritance -- it is simply where a child
can inherit methods from both parents. But in languages that do not support
double inheritance, an Interface is offered as a solution -- and therein is my
question.

So, in that regard how does an Interface provide methods to classes that
implement the Interface?

Just show me a *simple* example (either php or Java will do).

Cheers,

tedd

PS: There have been people who have provided Interface examples, but none have
demonstrated quasi-double inheritance.