2013/8/20 Tedd Sperling <t...@sperling.com>

> On Aug 20, 2013, at 10:04 AM, Ashley Sheridan <a...@ashleysheridan.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > Is he possibly getting confused with Javascript?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ash
>
> No, this guy is smarter than that -- he's pretty sharp -- so I listen to
> what he has to say.
>
> Here's an interesting link:
>
> http://www.sitepoint.com/best-programming-language-of-2013/
>
> But the link does not divide languages between Web and Other -- other than
> "Android Java", which I do not believe is also included in the above Java
> number.
>
> I think there is more going on here than what I know.
>
> For example, my college has numerous (over 3) JAVA classes filled to the
> max, whereas my PHP class was canceled due to lack of students. Granted the
> college could have advertised my PHP class more, but still there is an
> overwhelming demand for Java Programmers. My questions is "Why?"

Just tell your teacher: Java isn't more popular than PHP as _web_-language
;)
I think too, that he actually meant javascript, which is indeed a very
popular client-side language. But javascript and PHP has different
use-cases, thus saying "one is more popular" doesn't tell you anything
about whether they are in competition against each other, or not (hint:
they arent : :D).