2013/8/20 Tedd Sperling <t...@sperling.com>

> On Aug 20, 2013, at 10:29 AM, Sebastian Krebs <krebs....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just tell your teacher: Java isn't more popular than PHP as
> _web_-language ;)
> > I think too, that he actually meant javascript, which is indeed a very
> popular client-side language. But javascript and PHP has different
> use-cases, thus saying "one is more popular" doesn't tell you anything
> about whether they are in competition against each other, or not (hint:
> they arent : :D).
>
> Two things:
>
> 1. He's not my teacher -- he is a fellow teacher AND a smart one! He knows
> the difference between Java and JavaScript.

OKOK, sorry -_-
But @topic: For example see
http://w3techs.com/technologies/overview/programming_language/all
Really: Java is a good and mature language, but it is not a web-language.

> 2. In life, you will find that popularity (often over "which is best") is
> the main reason why things prosper.

I am not saying, that Java is bad, or it is not popular. It is just not
that popular in the web-ecosystem :)
There was one statement I remember (I don't know, where I got it from): A
static language doesn't fit very well into the dynamic web. :)

--
github.com/KingCrunch