                From:   David Hall
                Sent:   Tuesday, July 24, 2001 6:15 PM
                To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                Subject:        [PHP] .htaccess and determining if a user is
logged in

                I'm using Apache .htaccess to require certain users to log
into the system
                in order to view certain files. However, on one of my php
scripts, it's not
                within the realm of .htaccess protection. How do I determine
if the user
                viewing the page is an authenticated user or not? I want to
present these
                authenticated users with additional features while viewing
the page. Do I
                just check REMOTE_USER for a value? I'm not even sure if
that works.

                For the most part, I don't want to really care about any
intensive php link
                with user log in's. I like the simple approach of .htaccess.

                Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                To contact the list administrators, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]