On Vie 17 Ago 2001 20:14, Dave.O wrote:
> I have read the documentation already.
>
> I am trying to create a directory, which information can be added and
> maintained through a the web browser.  I thought that using a MySql
> database would be a good idea rather than writing it all to a file.  You
> saying that MySql is a waste of time for this ?
>
> I thought that PHP can be used to add records etc and query databases for
> this

You said that all you found were functions to query information. Thats all
you need with an SQL database.
The main SQL query commands are: SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE and INSERT. With
those 4 comands you can read, insert and modify (also delete) the information
on your database.

Hope you understand know.

Saludos... :-)

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?