I submit a form with multipart/form-data, where a field 'name'
contains let's say 'john'. On submit, I do get the expected global
$name -variable but the content has a CR/LF or /n character in front
of the actual content, like:

'
john'

instead of 'john'.

Can anyone advise on this??? The script has been running on another
machine so far without any problems, but upon moving it to a new
server with php4, I started getting this bug.

thanks & greets