Philippe,

Does the file name end in .php or something similar? If so, it is probably
being handled by the Apache PHP module, since you have it installed, and not
by the CGI. You could try changing the name to .cgi or something else and
see what happens.

Also, have you remembered to put the file in executable mode with chmod?

    for example:    chmod a+x foo.bar

Is it in a cgi-bin folder or similar folder where scripts will be executed?
Do other CGI scripts in the same folder work?

Curt A. Gilman
Richmond, Virginia, USA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]