Nope it fails when he removes the line. It fails on me as well, I tried
it. Also note I did say that the ouput of phpinfo() was correct. The
output showed the page had been handled by the php cgi binary, not the
module.

The module has a large config line and several extensions
configured in, the cgi binary was compiled with nothing but "./configure"
and the info page confirms this.

So it seems Apache is handling everything correct, the page gets passed to
the proper php binary, and the result is correctly served back to the
client.

DAve

--
My other computer is your Windows machine...