On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:40, Richard Kurth wrote:
>  I am trying to get the data out of the while loop if I echo $email
>  inside the } it gives me all of the data but if I echo it out side of
>  the loop it only gives me one record even though I know there is
>  more. How can I get this to work
>
> $query = "SELECT * FROM members Where Company  LIKE '%$search1%'";
> $result=mysql_db_query($dbName,$query);
> while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
> $email= $row["lname"] . " " . "<" . $row["E_mail_1"] . ">" . ";";
> }
>

> echo $email;

You would probably want to append the values to $email in your loop,
then. As it is, you are overwriting the value in $email each pass through
the loop.
--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   I'm fascinated by the way memory diffuses fact.