[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> But where user "fred" can opendir() a directory owned by user "mary"
> (underneath the open_basedir), that action doesn't even pass a UID check
> if the UIDs are supposed to match in safe mode in order for the action to
> be allowed.
>
> How would an optional GID check help?

It may, it may not. It works like user/group permission as you
know. I don't know what you want to protect :)

Do you mean a script with "opendir()" shouldn't allow openning any
directory under "open_basedir" if UID does not match?

I think it should be allowed. It's perfectly valid to me.

What if directory is owned by other user, but there is files owned
by the user. Would you like to disallow to list directory? I guess
not.

You can protect file basis, why do you need other protection for
directories under open_basedir? Do you have good reason for this?

--
Yasuo Ohgaki