Good day!

 Some time ago I tried to create game server for games on line(people with
people)... poker, preferance, chess and so on.... well as I was wery new in
this action I tried diferent languages and even operation systems.

 At last (for some hawy rezons :-) ) I stoped on Client-Server model
(Delphi+any database
supported ODBC&BDE) on Win NT.... (I feel that beter way is the same model
on Unix &
C++ but I am not expiriensed in Unix process & memory organization so have
to use more light way). So the best way for online games is write your own
client and server on C++  but use Appach-Some_Browser(by the way what it
will be? IE1,2,3,4,5,6? NC? Mozilla? object model support?).
 There much gains you reciving using the model (first you know how it works
+ low trafick).

Well.... but if you simply whant create games like Tetris or Digger online
(man<.....>server) than ofcouse better use IE5-6 as client (with it exelent
object model) and server on PHP&MySQL.

Vladimir.